The NSW Department of Education is partnering with Teach for Australia (TFA) to deliver the Teach for Australia pilot program in NSW public schools. Under the program, up to 50 participants will undertake the Leadership Development Program and complete a Masters of Teaching degree (Secondary) (Leading Learning) with Australian Catholic University (ACU) commencing in October 2023.
Participants will complete a portion of their studies as well as an intensive Professional Experience (PEx) Academy before commencing employment as a teacher in a NSW public school in 2024. Remaining Master’s coursework will be completed while participants work in schools.
The two-year program features ongoing mentoring and support for all participants, including a TFA coach, an ACU academic mentor, a school mentor, and peer networks.
Financial support and benefits
- Receive a one-off study allowance
- Receive weekly release time to complete studies
- Gain valuable teaching experience across both metropolitan and rural school settings during professional placements
- Gain paid employment in a TFA partner school whilst studying
- Receive a permanent teaching position in a NSW public secondary school upon completion of the program
Ongoing mentoring and support
- Receive ongoing coaching, mentoring and support both in schools and within the local community
- Gain access to a peer network and TFA alumni community
- Work with an ACU appointed academic mentor
To discuss your interest in joining the 2024 cohort in NSW, please visit the Teach for Australia website, call 03 8640 4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.