As part of the NSW Teacher Supply Strategy, the NSW Department of Education is launching the Mathematics Retraining Program to support experienced teachers to reskill as a secondary mathematics teacher or upskill as a head teacher - mathematics.
The Mathematics Mentoring Program offers current mathematics teachers an opportunity to further develop their leadership and mathematical skills by becoming a mentor and supporting participants of the Mathematics Retraining Program.
The Mathematics Mentoring Program is a 12-month program. Mentors will have the opportunity to access fully-funded professional learning, dedicated release time and facilitated networking events.
- Travel and accommodation expenses paid when attending in-person program events (including induction and networking experiences)
- Complete a fully-funded and flexible professional learning course
- Receive 0.1 FTE release time funding to engage in program mentoring
- Engage with fellow program mentors through facilitated networking opportunities
- Become a future leader in mathematics
Review the frequently asked questions for more information on eligibility and responsibilities.
Contact the program team via email@example.com.
Subscribe to be notified about program updates.