As part of the NSW Teacher Supply Strategy, the NSW Department of Education is launching the Mathematics Retraining Program to support experienced secondary teachers to upskill in mathematics.
The program will generate new opportunities for secondary teachers looking to progress their careers as in-field mathematics teachers or head teachers - mathematics.
Mathematics Retraining Program participants will have the opportunity to complete a fully funded master’s program, graduate diploma or graduate certificate at the University of Newcastle. The department and the University of Newcastle will support teachers to choose the most suitable course for them based on their prior experience and career goals.
Study full-time or part-time
- Master’s Program
- Graduate Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Complete online modules
- Receive support from a university facilitator
Ongoing mentoring and support
- Complete professional learning on applying mathematical concepts
- Engage in program mentoring
- Access facilitated networking opportunities
Enhance your career
Upon completion of the program, participants may:
- remain in their current mathematics position;
- move to a new mathematics position; or
- be appointed to a permanent mathematics position in a NSW public school.
Review the frequently asked questions for more information on the program, eligiblity and financial support.
Contact the Mathematics Retraining Program team via email@example.com.
Subscribe to be notified about program updates.