Rural Experience Program
About the Rural Experience Program
Need a breath of fresh air? The Rural Experience Program provides experienced permanent, temporary and casual teachers with the opportunity to take up a short-term placement in a rural or remote NSW public school.
Placements are created by principals and are fully or co-funded by the Rural and Remote Education initiative in cooperation with rural placement host schools.
Placements are above establishment at the rural placement host school. Successful applicants will be eligible for a program allowance consisting of $500 (gross) per week in addition to their teaching salary for the duration of their placement.
To apply, you will need to match your skills and interests with a placement position - and be ready to move if you are successful.
Applications close 11:59pm (AEST), 21 July 2023.
- $500 allowance per week of placement
Taste of country life
- Short-term experience in a rural school
- Apply to teach in a number of fantastic locations across NSW
- Permanent, temporary and casual teachers and leaders with the NSW Department of Education
Review the following for more information about the Rural Experience Program:
- 2024 Rural Experience Program Placements
- Rural Experience Program Guidelines
- Guide to applying
- Guide for Principals
Alternatively, contact the Rural Experience team via email@example.com or phone 02 7814 3820.
Subscribe below to be notified of program updates.