Teach and Learn Scholarship (High Demand Subject Areas)
About the Teach and Learn Scholarship (High Demand Subject Areas)
Teachers looking to retrain in mathematics, physics, engineering studies, industrial technology - metal, industrial technology - timber, industrial technology - metal and timber or agriculture may be eligible to apply for a Teach and Learn Scholarship (High Demand Subject Areas).
The Teach and Learn Scholarship (High Demand Subject Areas) provides financial support whilst studying and a permanent teaching position in a high-demand subject area following successful completion of studies.
Applications close 11:59pm (AEST), 25 August 2023.
- $20,000 per year of full-time study
- Paid study leave whilst completing a practicum and up to 8 additional days of study leave per year.
- Receive a permanent position in a NSW public school upon completion of your studies; or
- Remain in your current appointment if you are working in a central school or high school.
- Indicate your preference to teach in a number of fantastic locations across NSW
- Current teachers who hold a current full-time teaching approval with the NSW Department of Education
Review the frequently asked questions for more information on subject requirements, eligibility, scholarship payments and your appointment as a teacher.
Contact the Employment Programs team via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 300 634.
Subscribe to be notified when new information becomes available.