Middle Leader Induction
The School Leadership Institute’s Middle Leader Induction (MLI) provides an orientation into the role of middle leadership for newly appointed, first time or long-term relieving assistant principals and head teachers. Registrations are now open via our staff pages.
About Middle Leader Induction
Middle leadership induction enables assistant principals and head teachers to:
- enhance their knowledge of the middle leader role, including key departmental policies and priorities, to effectively meet accountabilities
- strengthen their understanding of middle leadership practices to positively influence the quality of teaching and learning through the development of self and others
- develop their self-awareness as middle leaders; of who they are, what they care about and why they care, and articulate their core values and beliefs.
The program consists of 2 components:
- Component 1: 4 self-paced e-learning modules (prerequisite).
- Component 2: 2-day virtual conference.
Component 1 e-learning course content focuses on key elements of the roles of assistant principals and head teachers, delivered across 4 modules:
- Leading Learning
- Leading Self
- Leading Others
- Leading Inquiry
In Component 2, middle leaders consolidate their learning in a 2-day virtual conference delivered online through seminars with department and leadership experts, as well as learning conversations with middle leader peers.
Additional information about Middle Leader Induction, including registration details, is available on our Leadership Resources pages (staff only).
For more information, contact the School Leadership Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org